Keep Greenville County Beautiful Takes Home Top Affiliate Award
Columbia, SC – Keep America Beautiful, Inc. honored 19 affiliates from South Carolina during their annual conference and awards luncheons December 9 and 10, 2010. Keep Greenville County Beautiful took home the William Nash Award, the top award for a new affiliate. The award honors an affiliate 3 years and younger for best implementing the Keep America Beautiful (KAB) system.
Keep Dorchester County Beautiful and Keep Greenville County Beautiful both received Cigarette Litter Prevention Program awards for implementation of the program in their communities.
EdistoPride received a Great American Cleanup sponsorship award for promoting a sponsor during the three-month cleanup.
Keep South Carolina Beautiful received a Gold Level State Recognition Award.
In addition to these awards, nineteen (19) affiliates received the President Circle Award. The President Circle recognizes affiliates for being in good standing & complying with the annual reports and implementing programs in the three program areas: waste reduction, litter prevention and beautification. Recipients of the President Circle are as follows:
- Keep Oconee Beautiful Association
- Keep Colleton Beautiful
- Keep Greenwood County Beautiful
- Keep York County Beautiful
- Keep North Charleston Beautiful
- Keep Florence Beautiful
- Keep Williamsburg Beautiful
- EdistoPride/Keep Edisto Beautiful
- Keep Greenville County Beautiful
- KAB of Anderson County
- Keep Beaufort County Beautiful
- Keep Charleston Beautiful
- Keep the Midlands Beautiful
- Keep Georgetown Beautiful
- Keep North Myrtle Beach Beautiful
- Keep Dorchester County Beautiful
- Keep Darlington County Beautiful
- Sumter County KAB
- Keep South Carolina Beautiful
Keep South Carolina Beautiful is the state affiliate for KAB and is a program at PalmettoPride. The state affiliate assists the national organization with the local affiliates in the state. There are 24 affiliates in SC and two pre-certified affiliates: Newberry County and Horry County.